Sunday, August 6, 2017

The Paper Players Great Outdoors


Hi everyone!

Today's challenge at The Paper Players is, "The Great Outdoors." 


I found some perfect paper at our local craft store to make this 4 x 4 fishing card for my son. He loves the outdoors, especially fishing!


I used my Cheery Lynn stitched squares..... and a lure from Cheery Lynn's Fishing Set. I did a bit of coloring with my silver pen and added an enamel dot.

The sentiment is stamped in black from Our Daily Bread's, "Fishing."




Be sure to check out the rest of the design team here:

The Paper Players Design Team





Paper: designer paper, SU
Ink: SU black, silver pen
Stamps:Our Daily Bread Fishing
Dies: Cheery Lynn stitched squares and Fishing set
Other: enamel dot





15 comments:

!neke said...

Great idee this card !
Love it Laurie !

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a great card and I love the pattern paper that you chose to go with the sentiment.

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Your fishing lure looks so real, Laurie. Your son will love this card.

Esther Asbury said...

Love this awesome masculine card with the little die cut fishing lure! Perfect in every way!

Leslie Miller said...

Ain't it the truth, even if you don't love fishing! Perfect card for your son. The paper is so CUTE and I love the fish hook/lure assembly die. You make me want to start looking at paper again, but I have so much already!

Julia Aston said...

love the papers you used - what a great masculine card - and fun sentiment for the fisherman!

stampwithsandy said...

This card is about as masculine as it gets, and so perfect for this challenge, Laurie! I love the fun fishing themed papers, and the little tiny lure is amazing! I am sure you son will love this :)

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, this is fabulous! I love the DSP to go along with this fun sentiment and the lure! A perfect card for anyone that loves to fish! Thinking of you! Hope you are having a great week! XX

Nance Leedy said...

Laurie, this is wonderful! I love the mix of patterned papers and those fish are fantastic. Great stitched detail in each element that ties it all together. Thanks for rockin' the Great Outdoors, my friend!

Annie S. said...

From someone who grew up fishing with her Dad and brothers, I'm lovin' this card with the perfect DSP and a lure too! Such fun and I'm sure your son will cherish it!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fun sentiment Laurie and s perfect with those gorgeous fishy papers! A great man card.

Stampingcountry said...

What a fabulous masculine card, very outdoorsy!

LeAnne said...

Super fun, super easy card....love the fishing theme!

jaydee said...

Laurie, your layered DSPs are gorgeous - especially with the white frames separating them. This is the perfect sentiment and I bet your son really loved this card. I know I do!
hugs
jaydee

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh I just love this! And yes, I completely agree with your sentiment!